8642B Agilent RF Generator
The 8642B is a 2.115 GHz RF Generator from Agilent. An RF generator is a tool engineers use to generate sinusoidal outputs while testing electronic equipment. The output will automatically have its frequency varied or swept between frequencies. A “sweep” is one complete cycle of a frequency variation. Engineers use RF signal generators as test equipment, mostly to measure responses of filters, amplifiers, and electrical components.
- Frequency Range: 100 kHz to 2115 MHz
- < -134 dBc/Hz SSB phase noise at 20 kHz offsets at 1 GHz
- -100 dBc nonharmonic spurious allows spurious rejection tests to be fully automated with confidence
- ±1 dB absolute output level accuracy down to -127 dBm
- Up to +20 dBm output level reduces the need for external amplifiers
- AM, FM, phase and pulse modulation
- Up to 100 kHz modulation rates with low-distortion internal oscillator
The Agilent 8642B Signal Generator is suited for demanding out-of-channel RF receiver measurements and other stringent RF applications. The signal generator covers the frequency range from 100 kHz to 2115 MHz. The Agilent 8642B signal generator provides low SSB phase noise and spurious, high output level and level accuracy, and a full range of modulation types. The low-distortion internal modulation oscillator can be used to modulate up to 100 kHz rates. This internal oscillator can also be used as an independent audio source with variable rates and levels.