AWG615 Tektronix Arbitrary Waveform Generator
The AWG615 is an Arbitrary Waveform Generator from Tektronix. An arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) is a type of electronic test equipment people use to generate repetitive or single-shot electrical waveforms. Single-shot waveforms require a triggering source, either internal or external, while repetitive waveforms do not. Inject the signal the waveform generator creates into a device for analysis during testing, finding problems with the device, or confirming proper operation.
- Waveform Length – 960 to 32,400,000 points (or 64,800,000 points, option 01) in multiples of four
- Sequence Length – 1 to 8,000 steps
- Sequence Repeat Counter – 1 to 65,536 or infinite
- 2.7 GS/s Sample Rate Simulates Real-world Signals Up To 1.35 GHz
- 2 Markers With 2.1 psRMS (@ 2.7 GS/s, Typical) Jitter Deliver stable Timing to the Device-under-test (DUT)
- 32.4M (32,400,000) or 64.8M (64,800,000) Point Record Length Provide Longer Data Streams
- Analog Bandwidth to 2 GHz (Option 02, Calculated Based on Rise Time) Provides the Highest Signal Fidelity of All High-speed AWGs
- Direct External clock input allows Jittered and non-jittered signals for high-speed data stream timing margin test up to 2.7 Gb/s
- Synchronous operation mode supports two AWG615 outputs (2: analog, 4: marker) synchronization for high data rate wireless and data communication test and optical write channel strategy signal test
- Waveform Quick Editor with 400 fs Edge Timing Resolution Delivers Output Edge Control with Near Real-time Precision
- Allows two-signal mix function digitally to support disk drive noise performance test and Pre/De-emphasis serial data communication test
- Real-time Sequencing Creates Infinite Waveform Loops, Jumps, Patterns and Conditional Branches
- Disk Drive Read/Write Design and Test
- Communications Design and Test
- Arbitrary IF and IQ Base-band Signals
- Standard Waveforms for Communications
- Pulse Generation
- High-speed, Low-jitter Data and Clock Source
- Mixed Signal Design and Test
- Real-world Simulations
- Corruption and Enhancement of Ideal Waveforms
- Timing and Amplitude Signal Impairments
- Waveforms Imported from MathCad, MATLAB, Excel and Others
The Tektronix AWG615 Arbitrary Waveform Generator delivers world-class signal fidelity at 2.7 GS/s to solve ever-increasing measurement challenges. The new two box synchronous operation function supports 2ch 2.7 GS/s solution.
The AWG615 combines world-class signal fidelity with high-speed mixed signal simulation, a powerful sequencing capability and graphical user interface with flexible waveform editor, to solve the toughest measurement challenges in the disk drive, communications and semiconductor design/test industries.
The built-in signal applications enable you to easily create standard waveforms for disk drive read channels, communications up to 2.7 Gb/s. Also included is AXW100 ArbExpress waveform creation and editing software. This software allows for easy waveform import from oscilloscopes or basic, advanced, and math waveform creation and edit capabilities.