E8491B Agilent Analyzer
- C-size, 1-slot, message-based commander
- Industry standard PC-to-VXI interface
- High-performance data block transfers
- Ease of configuration with hot plug-in capability
- Supports multiple mainframes with one PC
- Timing and triggering to external devices/mainframes
The Keysight Agilent HP E8491B IEEE-1394 PC Link to VXI can transfer data blocks greater than 64 kB at 14 MB/s. The link provides a direct connection from a personal computer to a VXIbus mainframe via the industry-standard IEEE-1394 interface bus, also know as FireWare. The Keysight Agilent HP E8491B is a high-speed C-size device with Resource Manager and Slot 0 capability. Its logical address is 0, therefore it is always the mainframe’s Resource Manager and is typically installed in mainframe Slot 0. The high speed is accomplished, in part, through the use of small signals (200 mV) that are transmitted differentially over the twisted-pair wire set with controlled-impedance characteristics. The differential signal provides high-noise immunity.