GPT-9902A Instek HiPot
The GPT-9902A is a HiPot from Instek. HiPot, or high potential, is a class of electronic test equipment used to verify electrical insulation. Engineers use HiPot-testing instruments on cables, wires, circuit boards, appliances, electric motors, and transformers. As a product ages, its insulation may break down and result in current flow leakage. HiPot testers keep engineers safe from current leakages by detecting gaps and defects in the electronic device. Dielectric Testers, Insulation Testers, and Megohmmeters are similar to HiPot testers. Popular manufacturers include Biddle, Megger, Fluke, Associated Research, Quadtech, Instek, and Slaughter.
- AC 500VA AC/DC Withstanding Voltage Tester
- 500VA AC Test Capacity
- 240 x 64 Ice Blue Dot matrix LCD
- Sweep Function for DUT characteristic analysis
- Manual/Auto Mode
- Function Key for quick selecation
- High intensity flash for caution & Status indication
- Safety INTERLOCK function
- Zero Crossing Turn-on Operation
- Controllable Ramp-up Time
- True RMS Current Measurement
- High resolution: 1uA for measuring current, 2V for setting voltage
- PWM amplifier to enhance the power efficiency and reliable testing
- Max. 100 memory block for test condition (step) setting
- Each step can be named individually.
- Remote terminal on the front panel for “start” and “stop” control
- Rear panel output available
- Interface: RS-232C, USB device, Signal I/O and GPIB (optional)
- 2 Year Warranty
- Accessories: Quick Start Guide, CD (complete user manual), Power cord, Interlock key, Remote terminal male plug, and Test lead GHT-114
The Instek GPT-9902A is an AC 500VA AC Withstanding Voltage Tester and is built upon a platform of maximum power output AC 500VA which supports the major test items complying with safety standards, such as IEC, EN, UL, CSA, GB, JIS as well as other safety regulations.
The GPT-9902A safety tester inherits every feature and advantages from the GPT-9800 Series. The high-efficiency PWM amplifier, which is designed to impede the influence caused by voltage fluctuation of input AC source, is the core of GPT-9900 platform. The output voltage is automatically cut off (within 150μs) upon the detection of an abnormal output voltage or a trip of current limits during the measurement to protect the operators from hazardous injury. The safety tester will automatically discharge the DUT after each test to eliminate excessive voltage remained inside DUT.