HFP2500 LeCroy Active Probe
The HFP2500 is a 2.5 GHz active probe from LeCroy.
- Bandwidth (probe only): 2.5 GHz
- Input Capacitance: 0.7 pF
- DC Input Resistance: 100 k Ω
- Input Dynamic Range: ±8 V
- Probe Offset Range: ±12 V
- Attenuation Accuracy: ±1%
- Output Zero: < 4 mV, referred to input
- Offset Accuracy: ±1%, ±4 mV, referred to input
- 5 Interchangeable Tips for Probing a Variety of Test Points
- Replaceable Probe Tip Socket
- Hands-Free Probing with FreeHand Probe Holder
- AutoColor ID Feature Matches the Probe Color to the Trace Color
- Cable Length: 1.3 m
- Probe Head Size: 61 mm (L) x 7.3 mm (W) x 13.1 mm (H)
- Input Sockets: Signal and ground sockets compatible with 0.025" (0.635 mm) square pins, 0.036" (.91 mm) maximum diameter (for round pins)
Engineers are using an ever-increasing variety of devices and test points in their designs. In order to access these test points conveniently, today’s probing solutions need to be versatile, small and lightweight, while still maintaining a high bandwidth. LeCroy’s new HFP series of probes is designed to meet these challenges.
Convenient Hands-Free Probing
Five different styles of tips make probing easier than ever. In addition to a traditional Straight Tip, a Sharp Tip allows easier access to tightly-packed test points and circuit vias. The Bent Sharp Tip-made out of titanium-is ideal for making contact on devices that are spaced close together and prevent the probe from being oriented perpendicular to the circuit. The IC Lead Tip has insulation on one side so it can be wedged between small-geometry IC leads without shorting the test points. The Discrete SMD Tip is designed to fit tightly on surface mount capacitors, resistors and other components.
In conjunction with these innovative probe tips is the LeCroy FreeHand probe holder, which holds the probe on test points. This means several probes can be used at the same time on a variety of test points while maintaining short signal paths to preserve signal fidelity. The end result of “HFP hands-free probing” is the enhanced ability to analyze waveforms instead of focusing on keeping the probe in place.
In addition to these new attachment techniques, traditional IC clips, wire leads, and square pin adapters are available.
Easy to Use
When the probe is connected to an oscilloscope channel, our new patent-pending AutoColor ID feature automatically illuminates the probe head in that channel’s trace color. Users no longer need to manually apply plastic rings or colored tape to determine which channel the probe is connected to.
With the ProBus® interface, the HFP probes become an integral part of the oscilloscope. The probe offset is controlled from the oscilloscope’s front panel.
Use with Other Test Instruments
When used in combination with the ADPPS adapter for ProBus and power supply, the HFP1000 can be used on any manufacturer’s oscilloscope or other test instrument. However, the AutoColor ID feature will not function with non-LeCroy oscilloscopes.
The image is a representation of selection. See specifications for product details. The image may show features that are not available on this specific product.