MIT510/2 Megger HiPot
- 5 kV Insulation Resistance Tester
- CAT IV 600 V
- Mains or battery powered
- Digital/Analogue backlit display
- Selectable test voltage from 250 to 5000 V
- Automatic IR test
- Measures to 15 TΩ
- Voltage input range: 85-265 V rms, 50/60 Hz, 60 VA
- Battery life: Typical capacity is 6 hours continuous testing at 5 kV with a 100 M Ω load
- Test voltages: 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V, 5000 V
- Accuracy (23 °C)-250 V to 5000 V:
- 5000V: ±5% to 1 TΩ; ±20% to 10 TΩ
- 2500 V: ±5% to 500 GΩ; ±20% to 5 TΩ
- 1000 V: ±5% to 200 GΩ; ±20% to 2 TΩ
- 500 V: ±5% to 100 GΩ; ±20% to 1 TΩ
- 250 V: ±5% to 50 GΩ; ±20% to 500 GΩ
- Guard: 2% error guarding 500 kΩ leakage with 100 MΩ load
- Display range: Digital display (3 digits) 10 kΩ to 15 TΩ; Analogue display 100 kΩ to 1 TΩ
- Short circuit/charge current: 3 mA @ 5 kV
- Capacitor charge time: <3 seconds per µF at 3 mA to 5 kV
- Capacitor discharge time: <120 ms per µF to discharge from 5000 V to 50 V
- Capacitance measurement (above 500 V): 10 nF to 50 µF (dependent on test voltage)
- Capacitance measurement accuracy (23 °C): ±5% ±5 nF
- Voltage output accuracy (0 °C to 30 °C): +4%, -0% ±10 V of nominal test voltage at 1 GΩ load
- Current measurement range: 0.01 nA to 5 mA
- Current measurement accuracy (23 °C): ±5% ±0.2 nA at all voltages
- Interference rejection: 1 mA rms per 250 V test voltage up to a maximum of 2 mA
- Timer range: Counts up to 99 minutes from start of test
- Test regimes: Auto IR
- Default voltmeter range: 50-600 V a.c. or d.c. Accuracy (23 ºC) + or -2% + or -1 V
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -25 °C to 65 °C
- Ingress protection (lid closed): IP65
- Humidity: 90% RH non-condensing at 40 °C
- Safety: Meets the requirements of IEC61010-1 CATIV 600 V
- EMC: Meets the requirements of IEC61326-1
- Dimensions: 305 x 194 x 360 (mm) (12 x 7.6 x 14.2 inches)
The Megger 5 kV insulation resistance testers are designed specifically to assist you with the testing and maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment. The case is incredibly rugged and easy to carry, being made of tough polypropylene and achieving an ingress protection rating of IP65. In addition, the model number is marked on both sides of the case for ease of identification in stores or vehicles.
The instrument has a large easy to read backlit LCD display making it equally suitable for use in both bright sunlight and poorly lit environments. Information displayed includes resistance, voltage, leakage current, capacitance, battery status and time constant. In addition, the elapsed time of the test is displayed constantly removing the need for separate timers.
The instrument can test when being powered by the mains or its internal rechargeable battery, a great benefit when site conditions are unknown or long term testing is required.
The controls of the instrument are clear and unambiguous and a “quick start” guide is included in the lid of the instrument removing the need to carry bulky manuals under site conditions.
The instrument is fitted with a guard terminal to enhance accuracy. The guard test lead is included as standard with the instrument.
To further enhance the flexibility of the instrument the MIT510/2 has the facility to set the test voltage in steps from 250 V to 5000 V avoiding the expense of several insulation resistance testers to meet your application needs.
The IR tester is designed to meet the highest safety standards and meets the requirements of EN61010. In addition, the instrument measures the voltage at the terminals and if this is above 50 V then the instrument will display the high voltage warning and inhibit testing. At the end of the test the instrument will automatically discharge the energy transferred to the equipment during the test phase.