N8482H Agilent RF Sensor
The N8482H is a used 6 GHz 3 Watt RF Sensor from Agilent. Electronic test equipment sensors measure the power of waveforms, such as multi-tone and modulated radiofrequency (RF) waveforms. Sensors gather highly accurate modulation measurements using diode detectors.
- EEPROM to store cal factors eliminates manual entry
- Wide frequency range from 100 kHz to 6 GHz
- Wide dynamic range from -15 dBm to +35 dBm
- Best-in-class power linearity of less than 1%, Excellent SWR of mismatch uncertainty and Highly accurate power repeatability
- Accurate calibration and traceability to US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- SCPI codes compatible with Agilent 8480 series (option CFT)
- Note: Option CFT is available as a replacement of legacy 8480 Series power sensors intended for cal factor manual entry and SCPI compatibility. Option CFT is not compatible with 43x and other obsolete power meters
- SCPI codes compatible with E-Series sensor (standard option)
- Compatible with EPM (new N1913/14A, E4418/19B), EPM-P (E4416/17A), P-Series (N1911/12A) power meters (Firmware upgrade required)
- Note: All N8480 series power sensors are not compatible with the Agilent 43x, E1416A, N8262A power meters, 5314x microwave counters and E7495x base station test set.
The Agilent N8482H Power Sensors are the replacement solutions for Agilent 8480 Series Power Sensors. The new power sensors are integrated with EEPROM feature, which allows users to calibrate the power sensors without manually entering the calibration factors to the power meter. By comparing to legacy Agilent 8480 Series Power Sensors, there are tremendous improvements such as wider dynamic range and frequency range, better accuracy, linearity, repeatability as well as the SWR.
Accurate, repeatable measurements
Here’s how: Excellent linearity (1% approx.) and noise specifications. The sensors’ low SWR further enhances accuracy by minimizing mismatch uncertainty. As if this weren’t enough, these sensors also come with dual-range power for greater sensitivity to fluctuating signals, in particular. With high accuracy and stability, the N8480 helps you test confidently, faster.
During test, calibrating your sensor is an essential step, yet it shouldn’t be taking too much of your time and effort. With the N8480 sensors, there’s no need for cumbersome keying-in of calibration factor (CF), nor concern for manual input errors. That’s because CF, linearity and temperature corrections are all stored in the sensors’ EEPROM—auto-downloaded on calibration. Efficient calibration procedure makes for efficient testing overall, with N8480.
One sensor, WIDEST range
Pick an N8480 sensor—any one—and you’ll see how its wide dynamic range equip you for various applications: metrology labs, radar, mobile radio, TDMA, GSM, W-CDMA and WiMAXTM, among others. With up to 55 dBm wide dynamic range, the N8480 Series offers you the widest thermocouple sensor power range in the industry.
System integration can be a pain, but not with the N8480
The N8480 Series sensors are backward compatible with Agilent’s leading range of power meters, including the P-Series, EPMP Series and EPM Series. All that’s needed is a simple firmware upgrade that’s downloadable from the website, for free. Code-wise, 100% of SCPI codes used on the E-Series sensors are re-usable on the N8480, and this includes most of the ones used on the 8480 Series. For code migration from the 8480 Series, CFT options of the N8480 sensors and these will behave much like the 8480 Series sensors they replace.