S4 Tektronix Probe
- Rise time: 25 ps (observed with S-50 or S-52, 35 ps)
- Bandwidth: 14.5 GHz
- Input impedance: 50 Ω (terminated SMA connector)
- Input range: Operating, 1 Vp-p; max. safe overload, ±5 V
- Noise: < 5 mV
- Features trigger signal pick-off for internal triggering
- Compatible with 3S2, 3S5, 3S6, 7S11, 7S12 Sampling Plugins
The Tektronix S-4 sampling gate is based upon a traveling wave trapped-charge transmission line in which the sampling window is set by the propagation time of a pulse edge through a thick-film transmission line. This technique requires only a sharp pulse edge rather than a precise pulse width, which is harder to generate. The sampling diodes are housed in a special coaxial connector that provides a high bandwidth signal path.
The S-4 Sampling Head is a 25 ps risetime unit with a 50 Ohm input impedance, and an equivalent bandwidth from DC to 14 GHz. The S-4 can be plugged into the 7S11 or 7S12 Sampling units, or attached by a sampling head extender for remote use. A trigger pickoff within the S-4 provides a trigger signal output from the plug-in unit.